Thursday 19 April 2012

Birthday Beautifications

There's only one day in a year when it really matters how I look: my birthday. It's the one day I can be sure that someone will take a picture of me first thing in the morning, wearing no make-up, and preserve it for posterity. So some time ago I decided that, once a year at least, I need help (and spend money) to look my best.

So, I began today with a luxurious facial, at Cowshed Spa, just off Carnaby Street in London, followed by less enjoyable eyebrow tidy & tint. This time I also decided to have my eyelashes tinted.

To me I look as if I'd woken up the morning after a night out, having not taken my make-up off...
My hair, as always, is on top of the list when I want to look my best and obviously I wanted to visit my favourite salon in London, Rossano Ferretti. My lovely hairdresser, Clare, first did my colour using the clever cling film technique I wrote about here, then, while we listened to the thunder and lighting outside the salon (can't believe it's late April, nearly May), she cut and styled my hair.

This is not a look I'd usually wish to share, but I wanted show you how the colour is done.
Here's the result of today's efforts. Although it was raining cats and dogs when I left the salon, I managed not to get absolutely soaked on my way to the tube.

I'm not wearing a stitch of make-up.

Cowshed Spa
31 Foubert's Place
London
W1F 7QG
Tel. 02075340870
www.cowshedonline.com

Rossano Ferretti
17 St George Street
London
W1S 1FJ
Tel. 02074930555
www.metodororossanoferretti.com

1 comment:

Diablo III Gold said...


A real good post, I loved that a good deal! Nice fashion sense! Amazing photographs! GW2 Gold