Friday 1 June 2012

London gets all dressed up for the Jubilee


Regent Street is all flagged up.
After attending a busy and hot networking drinks do at the Radisson Blu Hotel by Portman Square in London W1 last night, afterwards I popped into Selfridges on my way back to the Bond Street Tube. I was in a hurry to get back home as the terrier was crossing his legs, but I couldn't resist a visit to the Wonder Room which was full of Jubilee goodies, and taking a few photos of all the inventive ways the store was celebrating the Queen's 60th year on the throne.




These guards were cardboard cut-outs. I want one!

A small person's Barber - love, love, love!

I adore those Union Jack gloves!

Even the lampshades were red and blue and white.

What would I give to own this piece of arm candy!

And I always thought Absolut vodka was Swedish 0+ here parading its British side.

I can vouch for this product, the softest shave ever (for a man, obviously!)

Poetry please?

Good old Paddington Bear was there too.

The real Queen's gloves worn on the day 60 years ago!
I've succumbed to some of Emma Bridgewater's jubilee china. It's just fab.
A crown made out of jelly babies. Yummy!


The Clarins counter at Selfridges looked wonderful.

Pressies?

I hope these guys got paid for doing this to their bodies…

Corgies with scarves.

I can't wait to start celebrating the Queen's Jubilee - surely it must be Pimm's O'clock already?

2 comments:

Wildernesschic said...

I love the Vodka .. but then I would xx

Unknown said...

Yes you would! It does look pretty yummy? Have a fab w/e xx