Saturday 15 May 2010

Shoes, shoes, shoes!



I have wonderful blogger friends who bestow awards upon my blog and what do I do to repay this incredible kindness?



Nothing.

It's shameful.

To make amends, and because I really couldn't resist this one, and because I truly believe in the quote on the coaster below, here's finally a reply to one of these meme's from the energetic and stylish Forty Not Out.
 The Hello Lover - award.



According to Forty Not Out the rules are: You show off seven pairs of your shoes and then pass the challenge onto seven other bloggers.

Picking the shoes was more difficult than  I imagined. I'm glad the award didn't mention boots; it would have been impossible for me to choose seven favourite pairs from boots and shoes. After some careful rooting around in the shoe cupboard, here is the final line-up:


My current favourite pair of shoes: bought at Selfridges sale these gold tipped Prada slingbacks are made of soft leather and are even comfortable to wear! Can't ask for more than  that.



Next are my 'Rome shoes' by Dune which I loved so much I had to get them in another colour a few days ago. I could walk to the moon and back in these shoes, or at least around the Colosseum in Rome on a hot day in September.


My Miu Miu lovelies. Again a very comfortable pair, bought in New York about four years ago. Yes, I have actually had them for four years! They are canvas and go beautifully with jeans of any kind.


My dancing shoes. I bought these from a small boutique in Bath called Mee for Daughter's sixth form ball summer before last. They're the most comfortable pair of high-heeled shoes I've come across. I can walk, dance and probably even run in these sparkly numbers.


Can you spot the difference between the next two pairs? No, I can't either. The ones above are Miu Miu and the Marc Jacobs ones below were purchased at Bergdorf Goodman in New York. They are made of the softest suede, but I've only worn them once! Every time I go to put them on, the weather looks threatening and I opt for the Miu Miu pair above instead. (I know; serial shoe shopping is an illness).


Last but not least the guilty secret pair of shoes. Aren't they lovely? To look at yes, but to wear? Noooo. I am not sure how I came to buy them, because I actually cannot walk even a few steps in them. So these Prada shoes have never been worn. Shame on me, I know.



Now to the most pleasurable bit of this post. The seven bloggers whose shoe cupboard I'd like to have a peek at are:


As some-one who is so terribly bad at doing meme's I won't be at all offended if you don't take up the challenge. Though it would be nice to see your choices...


11 comments:

TheOnlineStylist said...

Ooh Helena! What a great birthday present! Love your shoes..especially the Marc Jacobs... and those high Prada heels are to die for! Thanks so much for playing along. This award is turning out to be SO much fun! xx

Unknown said...

I hope you are not expecting shoes as beautiful as yours! I love every single pair. But, I'll play the game. You might be surprised... a bientot.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the meme, I'm in too and shall rummage through my closet to see what I can come up with.

...and I love your shoes, especially the dancing shoes and those fierce Prada ones. I have a pair of boots from Dune with a very similar heel, must be the evil heel from hell, because I've only managed to wear mine twice. So painful.

Lisa Borgnes Giramonti said...

Thank you, Helen, for the nomination! I will SO take you up on this challenge...give me a few days...I'll let you know when the post is up... xx

Unknown said...

Excuse me: I don't NEED to know to participate, but what's a meme?

Style At Every Age said...

Such a shame those gorgeous Prada's are painful!

Liz Aguerre said...

Oh, you were right...this did cheer me right up! Thanks for including me. I will definitely be taking up the challenge, cuz how fun is this??? As soon as "Five For Ten Again" is up in a few days, I will follow through on my shoe show-off! And the Pradas?????? Oh, I die...

Unknown said...

I knew the Pradas would get you going. I sometimes get them out to try to walk in them, but it's no good. I know I should sell them on Ebay or something but I just can't bear to part with them. And once at Selfridges I saw a woman shopping in them! Can you believe it???? Do tell me if there is a knack, anyone?

I am so looking forward to your choices, and Jeanne-Aelia, a meme is when you're challenged to tell something about yourself. (me & me) It's not word, really...

Helena xx

Waiting For John said...

Hiya Helena,

Just popped across to have a little read and to say "hello!" Also to thank you for reading and commenting on WFJ. It means a lot.

Hope you've passed a wonderful weekend

Thoughts and Wishes, Tristram. X

A Confused Take That Fan said...

Ohmy! I couldn't possibly, I would be far too embarrassed after your gorgeous footwear! I'd be put to shame...

wow gold kaufen said...


wonderful pics!!!! very country impact, adore your own ensemble thus fashionable and wonderful!!! Diablo 3 Gold

Guild Wars 2 Gold