Friday 29 July 2011

A favourite dress

I bought this dress at Bergdorf Goodman in New York some eight years ago. It's by Moschino Cheap and Chic (cheap it wasn't, however) and I've worn it so many times I cannot remember. The pattern and the style just never seem to go out of fashion, plus the stretchy cotton jersey fabric is such good quality it hasn't faded. I don't even have to iron it; all I do is bung it into the washing machine and dry it on a hanger.

The sleeves come to just below the elbow and flair out a bit. There's a matching belt which I don't always use now, because I mostly wear the dress over skinny jeans or leggings. It is truly a wonder dress because it's cool in the summer and warm enough in the winter when it looks perfect with opaque tights.

You could not want any more from a favourite dress, now could you?



Sorry about the messy hair and no make-up. This was a work at home Friday.

There is a zip at the front and you can just see how the sleeves flare.

3 comments:

That's Not My Age said...

It's lovely and the print is a bit Scandinavian - reminds me of Josef Frank.

Wildernesschic said...

They way Moschino call that range cheap and chic pisses me off as it is almost being condescending to us..suggesting that this is the cheap range and everyone can afford it .. when it is very expensive xx
Ps I love the dress on you xx...rant over

Mrs P said...

Lovely dress and very current, great to have clothes that you always feel good in x