Saturday 26 May 2012

It's all cricket to me

Our new place in Crouch End, north London, is surrounded by all sorts of sports clubs and fields. There's tennis, football and cricket pitches galore.

This afternoon, when the Englishman and I went for a walk with the terrier, we counted no fewer than six - six - cricket matches going on at the same time.

Number One...

Two...

Three...

Four...

Five and...

Number six we can see from our flat, although the trees in full leaf sometimes 'spoil' the view!
It was lovely to stroll in the sunshine, listening to the shouts of encouragement from the opposing teams, or the few louder celebrations when a batsman was bowled out. (See, I've got the terminology and all…27 years of marriage to the Englishman has taught me something...)

The Englishman - who was a keen cricketer in his time - informed me that the standard was very good of all the matches we briefly followed.

No comments: