Monday 3 September 2012

Prince Andrew abseils down The Shard

You know my obsession with the The Shard, the latest London skyscraper? I keep taking pictures of it when I'm in my new office near London Bridge, and I cannot wait until the 1st of February when I'm going to be able to go up to The View on 68th to 70th and experience the fantastic vistas over London myself.

When I heard that Prince Andrew and 40 other people were going to abseil down the facade for charity, I was determined not to miss it. And guess what, I did!

Oh well, at least our friendly hacks at The Telegraph got all the action on film for us.



I've never been much of a fan of Prince Andrew's but I'm not sure I'd have the courage to do what he did - would you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also love the Shard. What I love about London's architecture is how diverse it is and the Shard just adds to that eclectic mix.

I can't wait to go up it but, as you say, I'm not sure I'd be up for abseiling down it!