Thursday 6 August 2015

Ch - ch - ch - ch - changes


I've always loved David Bowie, and this up-beat song about the inevitability of change seems once again relevant to me when I'm handing over the reins of Finn-Guild to a new, freshly recruited Managing Director. Luckily I’ll have a soft landing as I’ll still be editing the Finnish/British cultural charity's magazine until further notice; but my main aim is to spend more time with my own literary pursuits.

So you can expect much more regular blog posts here on my blog about books, about writing and about life in London in general. 

In September I'll start a new series of blogs on Advice for New Writers. Lots of people who want to write but know nothing about the process of writing or publishing ask me for advice, and often I really don't know where to start. There's so much information that you need in different stages of a writer's life. This particular series was inspired by a young would-be author who recently came to me for advice. I think I completely overwhelmed her with tips and suggestions, so I decided to chop them up into more manageable chunks. I hope you'll enjoy this series, and will recommend them to any friends who are interested in becoming an Indie Author.

Of course my main aim will be to write more novels - the sequel to The Englishman is first on the list, and I will attempt to get it ready before Christmas (I know, it's been a long time coming...). I'm really excited about this book, and will let you have a sneak peek very soon.  

Of course I’m going to miss Finn-Guild and all the friends I've made during my time with the charity terribly – I’ve enjoyed my time with the Finnish and British Expat communities immensely. But, as the man sings, 'Turn and Face the Change'. I'm certainly looking forward to my new life as an author entrepreneur. 



2 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Good luck Helena - looks like you'll be able to achieve your dream of writing more permanently and exploring new ideas. The change for the blog will be helpful for many .. especially with your experiences of writing, and your careers ... I'm sure all will go well.

Enjoy the change up - cheers Hilary

Unknown said...

Thank you Hilary, I'll keep you all posted on my progress. Xx