Wednesday 22 May 2013

Coffee and Vodka Goes Forth

After my extended week 'away' in Finland, I've come home to a hive of activity on the Coffee and Vodka front.

I already knew before I went away that my second novel would be featured on Triskele Books site as their June book club read, but I was delighted that Kate Battrick of Girlonomics fame posted a review of my 'Nordic Noir Meets Family Saga' tale of immigration on her blog Twisted Skirt today. You can find her review here.

While I was away, I got an email from the great blog for international creatives, Displaced Nation. They wanted to know if I'd like to be a guest blogger on their site for a feature exploring how authors, writing memoirs and novels, convey what it feels like to live in other countries. YES!!! was my subdued (not) reply. My guest blog on how I wrote about Eeva's struggles with a new country, language and culture in Coffee and Vodka, will be up on Displaced Nation this week.

As if this wasn't enough, a fellow Finn, journalist Charlotta Buxton, is also going to be featuring little old me and Coffee and Vodka on her site, London Lotta later this month.

I am feeling very loved!

But there is more potentially exciting news (just between me and you).

Part of the reason I went home to Finland was to meet up with Finnish publishers. I can't say much yet, put please keep everything crossed for a Finnish (and possibly Swedish) version of Coffee and Vodka!

Taking a deep breath and carrying on.


This is where I want to be…
Akateeminen Kirjakauppa
(Stockmann's Bookstore)
in Helsinki

No comments: